There is no one perfect time to visit Belize. The country offers a wealth of activities and experiences that can be enjoyed at any time of year. However, there are some months that are better than others depending on what you’re looking for in a Belize Resort vacation. Here’s a rundown of the pros and cons of each month so you can decide when is the best time for you to visit Belize.
1. What to consider when planning a vacation to Belize
When planning a vacation to Belize, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account. The first thing to consider is what you want to get out of your trip. Are you looking for stunning beaches, lush rainforests, world-class diving, or a mix of all three? Belize has something for everyone, but you’ll want to make sure your travel dates coincide with the activities you’re most interested in.
Another thing to consider is the time of year. While Belize is enjoyable at any time, some months are better than others. No matter when you go, be sure to pack sunscreen, insect repellent, and plenty of water – it’s hot and humid in Belize!
2. The best time of year to visit Belize for different types of travellers
The best time of year to visit Belize for different types of travellers varies depending on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a party atmosphere, the best time to go is in February during carnival. If you want to avoid the crowds, the best time to visit is between May and November when temperatures are cooler.
If you’re looking for beautiful weather, the best time to go is between December and April when temperatures are in the 80s and 90s. However, keep in mind that this is also the busiest time of year. If you’re looking to save money, the best time to go is between May and November when prices are lower and there are fewer tourists.
3. How to choose the right month for you
Deciding when to go to Belize is a personal decision, as the best month for you depends on what you’re looking for in a vacation. If you want to take advantage of the warm weather and enjoy swimming and snorkeling, then February through April are the best months to visit. However, if you’re looking for a more quiet and relaxing trip, May through November may be a better choice. December is a popular time to visit because of the Christmas festivities, but it can also be quite busy and expensive.
4. Weather conditions and average temperatures in each month
Belize has a tropical climate, with hot weather year-round. Temperatures rarely dip below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) or rise above 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 degrees Celsius). The country experiences two rainy seasons: one from May to November and one from December to April. The months of September and October usually have the most rain.
The best time to visit Belize depends on what kind of weather you prefer. If you’re looking for warm weather and sunny days, the months of December through April are typically the best bet. However, these months also coincide with Belize’s busiest tourist season, so you’ll likely find higher prices and more crowded conditions.
If you don’t mind a little rain and are looking to avoid the crowds, visiting during the shoulder seasons of May-June or November-December can be a good option. Keep in mind that hurricane season runs from June to November, so if you’re visiting during that time, it’s important to be aware of the potential for severe weather.
5. Tips for traveling in Belize during any season
Even though the weather is hot year-round, there are a few things to keep in mind when traveling to Belize during any season. Here are a few tips:
1. Be prepared for rain. The country experiences two rainy seasons, so pack accordingly. Bring a raincoat or an umbrella, and make sure to have waterproof shoes or boots.
2. Be aware of potential hurricane activity. Hurricane season runs from June to November, so if you’re visiting during that time, make sure you are aware of the potential for severe weather.
3. Drink lots of water. With the hot weather, it’s easy to become dehydrated, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
4. Dress appropriately. When visiting any foreign country, it’s important to dress conservatively and respect the local customs and dress codes. In Belize, swimwear should be limited to beaches and pools, and women should avoid wearing tank tops or short skirts/dresses.
5. Use sunscreen. This is important year-round, but especially so if you’re visiting during the hotter months. Be sure to apply sunscreen regularly, and reapply often if you’re spending time in the water.
6. Check for travel advisories. Before you book your trip, be sure to check for any travel advisories that may be in effect for Belize. The U.S. State Department’s website is a good resource for this information.
7. Have a flexible schedule. If you’re visiting during the rainy season, be prepared for occasional downpours. Plan your activities accordingly and have a backup plan in case of bad weather.
8. Visit during the shoulder seasons. If you want to avoid the crowds and the highest prices, visiting during the shoulder seasons of May-June or November-December can be a good option. Keep in mind that hurricane season runs from June to November, so if you’re visiting during that time, be aware of the potential for severe weather.
9. Research your accommodations. When booking hotels or other accommodations, be sure to read reviews and do your research to make sure you’re getting a good value for your money.
10. Budget for activities. Belize is an amazing country with lots to see and do. Be sure to budget for activities like snorkeling, jungle tours, cave tubing, zip lining, and more. Many tour operators offer package deals that can save you money.